If you are seeking research services from the Colchester Historical Society, please download the Research Request Form by clicking the button. Listed below are additional research resources.
Please use the above form to submit requests for research, reference information, or services from the Colchester Historical Society. The Request Form allows us to better manage the increasing number of requests for information or services. We ask that all inquiries be submitted via email using the downloadable form. Please understand that we take all requests seriously, and that you will be given an estimate of the hours needed to fulfill your inquiry before work is begun. The Colchester Historical Society is an all-volunteer, self-funding organization with a limited ability to fulfill all research or service requests.
Additional Research Resources:
- Connecticut Society of Genealogists – There are page links and with a membership you can access additional information.
- Connecticut Genealogy - Offers research services at places like the Connecticut State Archives, public libraries, county courthouses, and Family History Library.
- Godfrey Memorial Library – A full library dedicated to genealogy, history and biography. Also very helpful reference librarians.
- CT State Library – They have a full card catalogue that indexes the Barbour Collection of Vital Records listed alphabetically by surname.
- Cragin Memorial Library – Access to multiple research sites.
Historical Researchers for Hire:
Diana Ross McCain and Carol R. Whitmer
Come Home to Connecticut
PO Box 274
Marlborough, CT 06447
Phone: (860) 704-9462
Donald E. Watts
Origins: Historical Research
1021 King Lear Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414-4536